I SAW WHERE COOKIES WEREN’T
THIS WILL NOT DO
THIS WILL NOT DO
I MADE MY OWN FOOD WITH SCIENCE.
Every time I see this on my dash I smile.
Cookies are fucking goddamn delicious.
baking is manly as hellbro is this you
THIS IS AMAZING
OH MY GOD
- Friend: Being that this fandom is comprised mainly of young males, it's tough to keep things [completely child friendly] and still have a completely flawless convention with Hasbro supporting it.
- Friend: If you even deviate slightly from that, you don't get [Hasbro/VA guests] and then people won't want to participate.
- Me: and that there is the problem
- Me: people in the MLP fandom won't go to cons that don't have show guests
- Friend: A convention isn't just about what a convention makes it out to be, it's about how the people who attend it turns it out to be.
- Friend: It's like...
- Friend: "Hey, I'm having a birthday party, there's going to be cake and ice cream, video games, ponies, a clown, and more! You coming?"
- Friend: "Is the cake chocolate?"
- Friend: "uhhh...no."
- Friend: "K, I'm just going to Billy's birthday party instead in a month, he'll have chocolate cake."
- Me: oh my god
- Me: that may just be the best metaphor for people's thoughts on brony conventions that I've ever heard in my life
As a meet-up group owner, I hope everyone watches this video. Especially people looking to start their own Brony convention.
The market for Brony conventions is very saturated, I agree with Draft on this. If you wanna do your own convention because there isn’t a lot of bronies near you don’t do it. Start a meet-up group or something instead. You can always try to become part of another existing convention staff and help them out too.
This is gonna be something I’ll make sure to address in the panel that I’m on at EQLA as well.
Draft lays down some serious wisdom about Brony conventions.
Wisdom that atleast some of us were aware of around a year ago. Glad this is getting around.
This right here. It’s nice to be referenced as a competent con, too.